Project Status Reports
The Grants Team run monthly project status reports for all active grants, the Award Status Reports for each Principal Investigator (PI) are sent via e-mail attachment to the PI or other member of the Principal Investigator's group (agreed by the PI in advance) once a month for their review.
Some of the details that The Grants Team will check are;
- Announced start and end dates are correct.
- Salary budgets are sufficient until the end of the award.
- All expenditures are allowable under the budget for the award/project.
- The sponsor's terms and conditions permit the expenditure.
- The overhead budget is not overspent and overheads are being processed each month where there is an overhead budget and spend has been incurred.
- The overall funds available will be sufficient until the end of the project.
Note: Oracle, the Oxford University finance system is set up to restrict awards/projects from overspending on the total budget available. However, the finance system does not currently record staff commitments so the total commitments are not an accurate reflection of all the commitments prior to the award/project end date.