Preparing and Submitting your Application
The applicant is responsible for; sending a Jenner Costing Request Form to the Grants Team, preparing the scientific aspect of the application, acquiring confirmation letters from collaborators and Head of Division, if appropriate.
Grants Team is responsible for; assisting and advising on the completion of various sections of the application form and preparing an accurate costing for the application according to the Funder and University's requirements and guidelines.
- Once the grant application has been costed, all parts of the application have been completed and all forms have been signed, the Grants Team will submit the application to Research Services for approval.
- Applicants should treat the Research Services deadline as the final deadline for the application.
- It is important that prospective applicants contact the Grants Team at least 3 weeks prior to the sponsor's deadline, if not earlier, to discuss their application.
- All applications submitted on behalf of the University of Oxford need to be approved by the University's Research Services. Research Services require a minimum of 5 working days* to check and approve grant applications and without their approval, applications cannot be submitted to the Funder.
* Some exceptions are; NIH applications and applications that require signature from the Vice-Chancellor, e.g. MRC-New Investigator Research Grants, require 10 working days in order to be processed by Research Services.
Note: Please do not provide budget figures (even informally) to any Funder without consulting the Research Grants Team.
Note: The Jenner Research Costing Process and Request Form should be used for all submission requests including; Outline, Trial Costing, Application, Re-cost Application, Transfer-In, Award, Date Change, Extension, Supplement and Supplement Extension