Tender Quotations For Goods & Services
Please review the following guidelines before placing a requisition over £1000. If you have any queries on these procedures please contact the Accounts Department.
Here is a useful link to The University's Purchasing Website.
Goods & Services Over £100,000 Excluding VAT
- Tender process must be managed by the University Purchasing Department
- End-users provide the specification, evaluation criteria and are involved in supplier selection
Goods & Services Between £25,000 And £100,000 Excluding VAT
- Tender process must be conducted by the department unless funded by Research Councils (see note below)
- The University Purchasing Department offers advice and assistance
IMPORTANT - Exception For Research Councils
- Where the contract value is more than £25,000 (ex-VAT), the University Purchasing Department must be consulted:
- Before the procurement process begins
- At the market research stage (where appropriate)
- The University Purchasing Department must approve the order/contract before it is placed
- NOTE: other research funders may have specific terms and conditions relating to purchasing. These should be verified on award.
Goods & Services Between £1,000 and £25,000 Excluding VAT
- If you are using a preferred supplier, no quotation is required
For all other suppliers two or more written quotations must be sought
- Please use the tender exemption form here if two quotations cannot be found
Quotations must be provided in writing and include sufficient detail which will be used when raising a purchase order
Goods & Services Less Than £1,000 Excluding VAT
There is no requirement to obtain a price confirmation when using a preferred supplier
When using other suppliers, a price confirmation must be sought prior to raising a purchase order or making any commitment to the supplier
Here is a list of University Preferred Suppliers