||Address:||The Jenner Institute, Old Road Campus Research Building
Roosevelt Drive, Oxford, OX3 7DQ
|Tel:||+44 (0)1865 617621|
|Principal areas of research:||Influenza therapeutic vaccines, immune memory|
Prof. Lambe’s research interest lies in the development of efficacious vaccines, principally toward influenza and emerging pathogens.
Previous works, delineating the establishment and maintenance of adaptive immune memory, have been rationally applied to augment and improve vaccine development.
The deployment of effective vaccines, which induce cross-protective immune responses, will alleviate the disease burden associated with annual epidemics and occasional pandemics.
1. Coughlan, L. and T. Lambe, Measuring Cellular Immunity to Influenza: Methods of Detection, Applications and Challenges. Vaccines, 2015. 3(2): p. 293-319.
2. Tully, C.M., T. Lambe, S.C. Gilbert, and A.V. Hill, Emergency Ebola response: a new approach to the rapid design and development of vaccines against emerging diseases. Lancet Infect Dis, 2015. 15(3): p. 356-9.
3. Antrobus, R.D., L. Coughlan, T.K. Berthoud, M.D. Dicks, A.V. Hill, T. Lambe, and S.C. Gilbert, Clinical assessment of a novel recombinant simian adenovirus ChAdOx1 as a vectored vaccine expressing conserved Influenza A antigens. Molecular therapy, 2014. 22(3): p. 668-74.
4. Mullarkey, C.E., A. Boyd, A. van Laarhoven, E.A. Lefevre, B. Veronica Carr, M. Baratelli, E. Molesti, N.J. Temperton, C. Butter, B. Charleston, T. Lambe, and S.C. Gilbert, Improved adjuvanting of seasonal influenza vaccines: preclinical studies of MVA-NP+M1 coadministration with inactivated influenza vaccine. Eur J Immunol, 2013. 43(7): p. 1940-52.
5. Lambe, T., J.B. Carey, Y. Li, A.J. Spencer, A. van Laarhoven, C.E. Mullarkey, A. Vrdoljak, A.C. Moore, and S.C. Gilbert, Immunity against heterosubtypic influenza virus induced by adenovirus and MVA expressing nucleoprotein and matrix protein-1. Scientific reports, 2013. 3: p. 1443.
6. Lambe, T., Novel viral vectored vaccines for the prevention of influenza. Molecular medicine, 2012. 18: p. 1153-60.
7. Wegmann, F., K.H. Gartlan, A.M. Harandi, S.A. Brinckmann, M. Coccia, W.R. Hillson, W.L. Kok, S. Cole, L.P. Ho, T. Lambe, M. Puthia, C. Svanborg, E.M. Scherer, G. Krashias, A. Williams, J.N. Blattman, P.D. Greenberg, R.A. Flavell, A.E. Moghaddam, N.C. Sheppard, and Q.J. Sattentau, Polyethyleneimine is a potent mucosal adjuvant for viral glycoprotein antigens. Nat Biotechnol, 2012. 30(9): p. 883-8.
8. Lillie, P.J., T.K. Berthoud, T.J. Powell, T. Lambe, C. Mullarkey, A.J. Spencer, M. Hamill, Y. Peng, M.E. Blais, C.J. Duncan, S.H. Sheehy, T. Havelock, S.N. Faust, R.L. Williams, A. Gilbert, J. Oxford, T. Dong, A.V. Hill, and S.C. Gilbert, Preliminary assessment of the efficacy of a T-cell-based influenza vaccine, MVA-NP+M1, in humans. Clin Infect Dis, 2012. 55(1): p. 19-25.
9. Lambe, T., A.J. Spencer, C.E. Mullarkey, R.D. Antrobus, L.M. Yu, P. de Whalley, B.A. Thompson, C. Jones, J. Chalk, S. Kerridge, A.V. Hill, M.D. Snape, A.J. Pollard, and S.C. Gilbert, T-cell responses in children to internal influenza antigens, 1 year after immunization with pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine, and response to revaccination with seasonal trivalent-inactivated influenza vaccine. Pediatr Infect Dis J, 2012. 31(6): p. e86-91.
10. Antrobus, R.D., P.J. Lillie, T.K. Berthoud, A.J. Spencer, J.E. McLaren, K. Ladell, T. Lambe, A. Milicic, D.A. Price, A.V. Hill, and S.C. Gilbert, A T cell-inducing influenza vaccine for the elderly: safety and immunogenicity of MVA-NP+M1 in adults aged over 50 years. PLoS One, 2012. 7(10): p. e48322.
11. Berthoud, T.K., M. Hamill, P.J. Lillie, L. Hwenda, K.A. Collins, K.J. Ewer, A. Milicic, H.C. Poyntz, T. Lambe, H.A. Fletcher, A.V. Hill, and S.C. Gilbert, Potent CD8+ T-cell immunogenicity in humans of a novel heterosubtypic influenza A vaccine, MVA-NP+M1. Clin Infect Dis, 2011. 52(1): p. 1-7.
12. Lambe, T., G. Crawford, A.L. Johnson, T.L. Crockford, T. Bouriez-Jones, A.M. Smyth, T.H. Pham, Q. Zhang, A.F. Freeman, J.G. Cyster, H.C. Su, and R.J. Cornall, DOCK8 is essential for T-cell survival and the maintenance of CD8+ T-cell memory. Eur J Immunol, 2011. 41(12): p. 3423-35.
13. Randall, K.L.*, T. Lambe*, A.L. Johnson, B. Treanor, E. Kucharska, H. Domaschenz, B. Whittle, L.E. Tze, A. Enders, T.L. Crockford, T. Bouriez-Jones, D. Alston, J.G. Cyster, M.J. Lenardo, F. Mackay, E.K. Deenick, S.G. Tangye, T.D. Chan, T. Camidge, R. Brink, C.G. Vinuesa, F.D. Batista, R.J. Cornall, and C.C. Goodnow, Dock8 mutations cripple B cell immunological synapses, germinal centers and long-lived antibody production. Nat Immunol, 2009. 10(12): p. 1283-91. *Joint First Authors